Moisturising Eczema prone skin
- There are many different types of eczema but the most common which affects one in nine people in the UK is Atopic Eczema, otherwise known as Atopic Dermatitis, it usually affects children but can continue into adulthood.
- It is commonly diagnosed by redness and irritation behind the joints, such as knees and elbows which can often spread around the body.
What causes Eczema
- The exact cause of eczema is unknown but studies have shown it is often caused by a reaction to something in everyday life, this can vary from hay fever or dust to the synthetic chemicals in household cleaners, laundry detergents or skincare products, or the ingredients in certain foods such as dairy, nut, soya or wheat.
- The very best way to treat eczema is to pinpoint what exactly is causing the skin outbreak and avoiding it, stop using it, or remove it from your diet. Of course that’s easier said than done.
- To help treat an eczema outbreak there are many different creams on the market both prescription and available over the counter, these mainstream products are designed to provide temporary relief from irritable dry skin and rashes. If you look at the ingredients on the back you may see ingredients such as Certly Alcohol, which can cause irritation, and Paraffin which dries out the skin, these products are cheap and harsh in large quantities or when used extensively, which is why most are only suitable for short term use.
Can you use Mount Purious. Organic Skincare on Eczema prone skin?
- The ingredients in our moisturisers are 100% certified organic, which means there are no synthetic ingredients at all, no chemicals, fragrances, fillers, preservatives, these ingredients tend to cause adverse skin reactions on sensitive skin. Because we do not include them our ingredients are suitable for moisturising dry skin prone to eczema.
- Our moisturisers are chosen for their specific skin healing and rejuvenating properties, they are light and easily absorbed deeply into the skin so they provide complete moisturisation. We have a range of moisturisers which are suitable for eczema prone skin, each has been chosen for their specific skin benefits and needs of our customers. Our moisturisers contain high levels of anti-inflammatory which help to reduce inflammation and anti-bacterial to help reduce infection. They also contains high levels of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids which help to encourage skin healing and skin rejuvenation.
- Please Note - I do not promote my organic jojoba oil as a cure or treatment for acne. Because the ingredients are organic and chemical free they can be used on acne prone skin to moisturise dry skin, and will leave the skin feeling better, however I can not make the claim that it is a cure or treatment.